Wusthof is always considered the best knife brand and also quite famous and popular across the world. Many celebrity chefs and home cooks use the Wusthof branded knife for its great efficiency and manufacturing quality.
Although there is no doubt about the German knife brands yet the Wusthof knives stand way ahead of the recent technology. Every knife enthusiast must have a knife of any lines from the brand Wusthof. The brand produces both forged and stamped knives introducing separated knife lines to the customers.
So, if you are down to this specific page you might want to know details about the Wusthof Silverpoint and Gourmet knives. To serve the exact purpose we have come up with a comparison review about Wusthof Silverpoint Vs Gourmet.
Among several knife series of Wusthof, Silverpoint is one of them. Though all the knives from the brand are made following almost the same methods yet some slightest changes in the properties and production materials are made to make the knife convenient for the user.
Wusthof Silverpoint is one of them. Knives from this series may seem to you like the Gran Prix ones but actually, it is not. The knives are stamped following the laser cut method. Unlike other heavy knives from the brand, Wusthof Silverpoint knives are lightweight and convenient for everyday use.
Knives from Wusthof Gourmet lines are also stamped not forged. The knives look- alike Classic but actually, they are not. Like other Wusthof knives, the Gourmet knives also have a wider, harder, and stronger blade that is a bit heavy.
The Wusthof Gourmet Chef’s Knife is an all-purpose knife that is capable enough to handle a busy kitchen with its excellent performance efficiency. Following the centuries of tradition, the knives are made. For the distinctive look of the knife, it is considered the kitchen workhorse.
Wusthof Silverpoint Vs Gourmet in Different aspects in Detail
|Special Features of Wusthof Silverpoint||Special Features of Wusthof Gourmet|
Common Features of Wusthof Silverpoint and Gourmet Knives
- Both the Wusthof Silverpoint and Gourmet Chef’s knives have a stamped blade with precision laser cut property.
- Both the knives are made by the same knife brand in Solingen, the city of knife making following all the strict methods and legal actions of the city in German.
- Like all other Wusthof knives, the knives from Silverpoint and Gourmet series are also made with high-quality material and high-end technology.
- The blades of both the knives are made of stain-resistant steel and the handles are made of synthetic material.
- Both knives have the brand name on the surface of the blades.
- Both the two knives are designed to full tang and half bolstered.
What are the good things about Wusthof Silverpoint Vs Gourmet Knife according to the user’s experience?
|Wusthof Silverpoint Knife Users Experience||Wusthof Gourmet Knife Users Experience|
|1. The Silverpoint knife is a regular usable knife for the daily grind
2. The knife is comparatively lightweight than other knives. Hence, it helps to fasten the cutting task
3. The knife is suitable for cutting, mincing, slicing, and dicing
4. It is suitable for both professionals or cooks on the go lines
5. The handle is convenient to hold on to and offers effortless cutting
|1. The Wusthof Gourmet knife is the all-purpose knife that is considered the workhorse in the kitchen
2. It is suitable for cutting, chopping, dicing, slicing, and mincing any vegetables, fruits, meat, or herbs.
3. The knife is well balanced and flexible enough while working with it
4. Many professional chefs choose a Wusthof Gourmet Chef’s Knife. Again, many beginners also choose the knife
5. The triple rivets add extra balance while dealing with rough and tough jobs
Some issues should be aware of before choosing any Wusthof Silverpoint or Gourmet knives
|Wusthof Silverpoint Knife Issue||Wusthof Gourmet Knife Issue|
Which Knife is better, Wusthof Silverpoint Vs Gourmet Chef Knife?
There isn’t much difference in both the knife lines. Knives from both the Wusthof Silverpoint and Gourmet are stamped. Following a 14-step method, the stamped knives are produced. Out of a single and large high-carbon stainless steel sheet, the blades are stamped. Hence, the knives are lightweight and considered the quality is low.
Moreover, in both cases, the knives do not empower a full bolster that protects the hand from any unwanted accidents that may cause by the slipping of the hand while chopping. Again, though they are full tang knives, the tang is not exposed in any of the knives from the two knife lines.
The tang doesn’t run the entire handle width and exactly that is why it is not exposed rather it is connected inside with the rivets. The Wusthof Gourmet knives are triple-riveted that adds more flexibility, balance, and protection to the whole knife while working.
On the other hand, the Wusthof Silverpoint Chef’s Knife has only one rivet on the end of the handle. This feature won’t support much when you are up to deal with the larger and heavy edibles. Moreover, the Gourmet knives empower a heavy and hard blade compared to the Silverpoint ones.
The Gourmet knives are sharpened at an angle of 18degree per side. It confirms that the knives are sharper than the Silverpoint ones. So, if you have to run a busy kitchen and need a workhorse and a kitchen king you should go with the Wusthof Gourmet Chef’s Knife.
Again, if you are a home cook and need a knife that will simply do the normal cutting jobs then Silverpoint Chef’s knife should be considered.
What is the best place to buy Wusthof Silverpoint and Gourmet knives?
Wusthof knife brand is well-recognized worldwide. Hence, you don’t need to find much about how you will buy their knife. Their stores can be found in most countries. Again, if you prefer online shopping you can go to Amazon.com to buy your desired knife.
Again, as Wusthof knives are high in quality and a bit expensive, the company rarely offers sales upon their products. But, you will be satisfied enough when you will get a full warranty along with the knives.
Finally, any knife from the brand Wusthof will be a great choice as no one has ever regretted after buying a Wusthof knife. Still, buying any knife from the brand would not be wise at all especially when they are offering plenty of deal of options. Among all the knife lines from Wusthof, you have to choose the one that goes according to your budget and need.
Hence, no matter if you choose the Wusthof Silverpoint or Wusthof Gourmet, make sure they are worthy to keep in your kitchen and capable enough to fit in your hand and do all sorts of cutting in the kitchen.