A Chef Knife is a must in every kitchen. It is the main cornerstone to process an excellent meal. There are vast ranges of chef’s knives in the market that come at different price ranges. The best chef knife might be an expensive one but not all of us can afford them. So, if you have stepped to this page you might be looking for the best chef knives under 10 dollers.
Your kitchen culinary must include a chef knife because a great chef knife will cut veggies and fruits, slice meat and fish, chop nuts and herbs, and all. Hence, price shouldn’t be any factor when you also can get some of the best ones at an extremely low price.
Understanding your requirement we have come up with a list of 10 best chef knives under 10. Let’s get to our picks and see if they are worthy enough to have.
Top Chef Knife Under $10 Review in Detail
Every knife requires re-sharpening. Some expensive ones might not need it frequently but after some certain use, they all need re-sharpening. However, we tried to list down the cheapest yet the best knife for those of you who are actually looking for it.
1. Mercer Culinary Ultimate White Chef’s Knife
An 8-inch chef knife is always considered standard and this one from Mercer Culinary is the first-best pick on our list. Though the knife is cheap which it is but with this price range, this knife delivers an unbelievable performance. The knife blade is made of high-quality Japanese steel and the edge is hollow grounded.
The handle of the knife is made of polypropylene and it has some textured feature on its finger points so that better holding capacity is ensured.
- The ultimate white chef knife blade is made of high carbon Japanese steel
- Edge is razor-sharp and hollow ground
- The edge comes with low maintenance and quick sharpening
- Suitable for any cutting and chopping purpose in the kitchen
- The handle is textured and comes in white color
- The handle is slip-resistant and confirms better grip
- The wide blade and handle and delivers handguard
- Full tang, durable, and NSF certified
- For durability hand wash is a must
- Proper care needs to be taken of the blade surface
- Requires frequent sharpening
This knife is a real keeper if you take proper care. This knife is special because it comes with better value than some of the expensive knives. Moreover, the knife is NSF certified which means it is made with maintaining full hygiene.
Overall, the knife is the topper on our list. You surely won’t regret having an 8-Inch Mercer Culinary Ultimate White Chef’s Knife in your kitchen.
2. Utopia Kitchen Chef Knife Review
This is another top-rated chef knife that comes under 10USD and surprisingly with the best possible materials. The 8-inch knife has a wide blade perfect for larger cuttings. The blade is made of a hundred percent stainless steel. The knife is a ticket to excellent cooking because of its extraordinary balance while cutting.
With an ABS+430 handle, the knife is a great choice for beginners as well. Moreover, with the 2.5mm thick knife, any cutting of edibles is possible.
- Comes with an elite look and lightweight knife
- The blade is made of quality stainless steel
- The blade is durable and resistant to tarnish and rust
- The blade is sharpened in a way that it can cut veggies into larger pieces
- The ergonomic handle delivers trouble-free maneuvering
- The knife places in the hand comfortably and cuts rhythmically
- Suitable for cutting fruits, legumes, bread, veggies, meat, and so on
- Durable, easy to use, and a multipurpose knife
- Full bolstered, full tang, and flexible
- Arrives with a black case and ensure accurate segments of cutting
- Hand wash is needed for retaining quality
- May chip sometimes while cutting
This knife is special because of its elite appearance. It looks nothing less than an expensive chef knife. However, this knife comes with a great building delicacy. It is fully bolstered so that your fingers remain safe while cutting watermelon or cabbage.
In total, this triple-riveted Utopia Kitchen Chef Knife is a great deal within this price range. It will be the kitchen king for sure.
3. Kiwi Brand Thai Chef’s Knife No.21
Another best knife for the money is this Thai Chef’s Knife we are reviewing. Unlike other cook knives this Kiwi Brand Thai Chef’s Knife is different in appearance. The knife comes with an extra-wide blade and a tapered edge with evil sharpness. The knife is made inexpensively yet you will get the best out of it. The blade is hardened and then tempered. The wooden handle is also connected with the blade with two rivets.
- The knife blade is wide, hard, and strong
- The knife weighs 3.2 ounces and it is lightweight
- Suitable for any cutting of larger fruits and veggies and mincing of any herbs
- The edge is tapered and razor-sharp
- The handle is ergonomic, woody, and textured
- Double rivets maintain a good balance between the blade and handle
- Full tang, flexible, and durable knife
- The price is unbeatable and meant for all-purpose
- The knife is not bolstered hence safety is an issue
- Frequent sharpening of the knife is required
- Hand wash is needed for lifetime durability
This knife has achieved intense love from its users. With a 4.5 star rating, the knife has owned the hearts of many. Because of its wide blade and sharp edge, the cutting process is quick and easy. Moreover, the knife is built well-balanced.
Overall, according to the size, material, sharpness, and everything all the knife will always be a great choice.
4. Home Hero Chef Knife
One of our extraordinarily unique selections of knives is this Chef Knife from Home Hero. This knife is a real beast in the kitchen at an extremely affordable rate. This knife is cheaply made with the best materials including a premium stain-free steel blade and a handle made of Polypropylene and tpr-protected. This is a versatile knife that is designed and built to last. This blade is 1.5mm thick and curved for convenient cutting.
- The knife is an all-purpose 8-inch knife
- Suitable for any slicing, mincing, dicing, and chopping of nuts, squash, meats, and vegetables
- The knife doesn’t crack, chip and a hundred percent reliable
- Doesn’t feel flimsy in the hands
- The blade is curved and the edge is ultra-sharp
- The blade is coated with a non-stick feature hence food doesn’t stick while cutting
- The blade is rust-resistant and the blade remains spotless for years
- The handle is ergonomic and offers a finger guard
- Full tang knife, black in color, cheap, flexible, and bolstered
- The handle feels cheap and extremely lightweight than the blade
- It is not dishwasher safe
- Proper care is required
The special fact about this knife is that it is very well-made. Like some of the expensive knives, this one from Home Hero is also made of maintaining the best features. The blade evil sharp right out of the box and its non-stick feature is also praiseworthy.
Overall, the knife glides through foods and gives nice slices of cuts. Hence, for a better cutting experience the knife is the right one.
5. Premium Professional Chef Knife Cutlery from Elements from Mother Earth
This knife is an elegant looking knife that comes at a low price. This is the Premium Professional Chef Knife Cutlery from the manufacturer Elements from Mother Earth. The full bolstered knife has a high carbon stainless steel blade. The 8-inch blade has a flat edge that can deal with any cutting jobs of any edibles from meat, fruits to pastry. The handle of the knife is also sleek and elegant.
- 8-inch professional chef knife weighs only 8 ounces
- Cuts meats, fruits, vegetables, nuts, herbs, and even pastry
- The stainless steel blade is rust-free and prevents dullness
- The knife has a sharp edge and supreme edge retention
- The knife cuts with ease and effortlessly
- The handle is curved, sleek, and balanced to the blade
- The handle feels great when places in grips
- The knife is full bolstered hence finger guard is ensured
- The handle has an elegant end cap, full-tang, and comes with a gift box
- Proper maintenance is required
- Hand wash is a must
This knife is solid cutlery with its premium feature. This knife is special because it comes with premium quality at a cheap rate. Moreover, the handle of the knife is a true instrument, and also the blade is built with the best material.
To have a taste of premium quality at this low rate you won’t have a better option than this Premium Professional Chef Knife from Elements from Mother Earth.
6. T-fal Comfort Chef Knife
For daily use, T-fal has to offer you their best Comfort Chef Knife that comes in 10USD. This knife is meant for daily comfortable use and the blade and handle are made with high-quality material. The blade of the knife is honed carefully for easy and zero effort cutting. The knife is made to cut all types of foods. The handle is also made in a way so that you feel satisfaction in mind.
- The 8-inch knife is lightweight and weighs only 6.9 ounces
- The blade is thin, strong, and pointy
- Edge is super sharp and honed to mince, slice, cut, and chop everything
- The handle is curved and its shape fits any hand
- The handle comes with a textured grip hence stronghold is ensured
- The knife is well-balanced, flexible, and cuts without any trouble
- Full tang knife and arrives with a blade cover for safe storage
- Needs high maintenance and looks cheap
- Hand wash is needed for quality maintenance
The specialty of the knife is that the end of the handle of the knife comes with a red mark that indicates the blade type so that you can locate the correct knife. However, the knife is easy to hold and works very well even though it requires high maintenance.
Overall, though the knife looks a bit cheap and it is cheap yet for its great performance and price value, this knife is a good option.
7. Ignited Chef’s Knife, One price Silver
With the most premium material, our next pick is the Chef knife from Ignited. The knife is one-piece silver and it is fabricated from high carbon and high-quality stainless German Steel. Because of its material, the knife is seamlessly durable. The knife has a wide blade that is pointy at its tip and its edge is thick and sharp. The handle and the blade are built into one piece. Hence, you can get a fragile-free knife.
- The knife is fully forged and comes with one-piece design
- The building material is high in quality and durable
- The blade is thick, broad, and curved upwards, and has a pointy tip
- The knife is multi-purpose and designed for both professional and home use
- The knife is fracture-free and delivers indomitable transition
- The sharpness requires one stroke to cut through food
- 8-inch knife comes with a weight of 9.1 ounces
- Requires proper maintenance
- Hand wash only
With five star rating, the knife is more than amazing. The special feature of the knife is its construction design. The knife is built in a way that it can provide indomitable transition easily.
Overall, the knife is a masterpiece and a real kitchen cutting slayer. Choosing this Ignited Chef’s Knife won’t be an unwise decision.
8. KIWI Knife Kitchen Cut Sharp Blade Cookware
We have listed another knife from the brand KIWI in this list. This 288 model chef knife is sleek and one of the best cookware among Asian cutlery. The blade of the knife is hardened with high-quality stainless steel. Like other KIWI knives, this knife also comes with a woody handle with triple meal rivets on it.
- 8-inch knife is lightweight to hold and sharp
- Suitable for any cutting, chopping, dicing of any foods
- The brand name is written on the blade surface
- The edge is super sharp and the blade has a pointy tip
- Full tang knife and the handle has three rivets on it
- Easy to hold and textured handle is safe to use
- The knife is fine, sharp, and ergonomic
- Handle requires maintenance
- Dishwasher is not safe
The knife is very sharp, nimble, and light. It comes with an amazing edge. Also, the woody handle looks great and the overall knife comes with a rustic look which creates a great addition to the kitchen culinary.
Overall, KIWI branded knives have always been the greatest ones and this no.288 Chef’s Knife is also worth trying.
9. Knife sharks Chef knife
Knifesharks has some of their amazing knives to offer and among them, the Knifesharks Chef Knife is the best. The knife blade is made of premium quality Japanese stainless steel. The 8-inch knife is razor-sharpened and made for tackling any cutting tasks. Japanese steel is the toughest steel and this knife is crafted especially with the knife and given a fine polish. However, the knife comes at an unconventional look but it is pretty.
- Comes with an aesthetic pretty appearance
- The blade is made of the toughest steel and polished nicely
- The knife is a versatile and multi-purpose knife
- The edge is super sharp right out of the box and cuts through squash, butternuts easily
- The knife weighs 13.1 ounces and gives a better balance while holding and cutting
- The knife is made of forged steel hence it is more durable
- The handle is also aesthetic and delivers an ergonomic heft
- It is designed with a sloped bolster that is compatible with the blade
- Comes with a beautiful knife case and satisfaction is guaranteed
- Proper care and maintenance is a must
- Hand wash is needed after every use
The knife is special because of its superior design. Also, it is a fully forged knife. The manufacturer didn’t compromise with the building method even though it is low pricy. Hence, you can get a full-tang good looking knife.
Overall, the knife has a good reputation with some explained overviews by its users. Thus, you can have the knife without any doubt.
10. HENG REN Chef Knife
Our last but not least best chef knife under 10 is HENG REN Chef Knife. This knife comes with a total package and it is a desire to every home cook and professional. The blade is made of high carbon stainless steel and it has rust and corrosion-resistant effects. However, the knife includes other kitchen tools as well. Meeting every kitchen needs the knife is also considered a perfect gift.
- The knife arrives with a sharpener, a grater, a scissor, and all
- The knife blade and scissor is made of high carbon stainless steel
- Comes with a sharp edge and superior edge retention
- The handle has a smooth feature and easy to clean
- The handle is also slip-resistant and the knife is bolstered
- The scissor also has sharp edges and meets kitchen need
- Full tang and whetstone is included and comes with a black gift box
- Easy to sharp and perfect for gifting
- Needs to be careful while sharpening
- Proper storage is required
The knife comes as a whole set. It even includes a peeler and a scissor that is multi-functioning and required in every kitchen. Having the knife is not having the knife only. It is all other cooking tools and joy you get along with it.
Overall, the knife is not just a knife. It arrives with much more happiness you desire while cooking the best meal. So, have it!
FAQ’s on Best Chef’s Knife under 10
1. Are chef’s knives under 10USD really worth buying?
Well, not all of them are worth buying. But surely some knife making companies are offering the best chef knives at a price of 10USD or less. They do not compromise with the material or production method thinking of their customer’s desire.
2. Do these knives rust quickly?
Well, cheaply-made and low-priced knives require high maintenance and frequent sharpening otherwise they won’t be usable after years. If you take the proper care by hand wash and dry them while storing your 10 dollar knife will serve you for years.
Long story short, there are thousands of knives available in the market at prices lower than our suggested ones. But, to have the best outcome for your investment you have to know which one is worth buying. Hence, according to price, material quality, production method, service, and everything all we highly recommend you the Mercer Culinary Ultimate White Chef’s Knife.
The knife is best overall. Yet, our other suggested models are also worth having as they are all committed to customer satisfaction. Now, you choose which one has grabbed your attention in the first place, and let us know your feedback.