Japanese knives are so popular for their performances that people at least once want to try out a sharp Japanese knife. But most people avoid buying one because they tend to think that all top-notch Japanese chef knives are immensely expensive. But guess what? You are wrong because the best budget Japanese chef knife can be attained if you just pay some more attention to the collection of it.
There are actually many options for you to have the feel of a Japanese chef knife even though you have a little budget. And don’t hesitate because these knives don’t compromise with the quality even though they come within your budget range. You will get the same sharpness and pleasure using these knives. We found some of the best branded and affordable Japanese chef knives under $100 for your convenience. The list is here:
Once you learn about them elaborately, your desire of buying one will definitely be inflamed twice. So, let’s check out them thoroughly.
Cheapest Japanese Knife Review in Details
As we are all fascinated by Japanese knives because they are super-efficient, their price does matter to many people. Besides, a Japanese knife is a lifetime achievement. Buying at least one knife will make your entire cutting experience different. Each knife comes with a construction that depicts the painstaking task that the artisans have to fulfill. Therefore, these knives will not betray your feeling as long as you are aware of their high-build figure.
1. Global 7-inch Hollow Edge Asian Chef’s Knife
We picked this Global 7-inch Hollow Edge Asia Chef’s Knife as the best inexpensive Japanese chef knife because it comes with amazing features. This knife is fully built with Cromova 18 stainless steel and this steel is a combination of vanadium, chromium, and molybdenum.
The 7 inches long blade has this extraordinary razor-sharp edge and this sharpness stays for a long time. Also, the hollow design on the body of the blade, it helps the clingy food release the body instantly while being cut. Besides, the sharp tip has the perfect shape to cope with the handle.
With the handle, the work of cutting becomes easier. As the handle doesn’t come apart and it is attached to the blade, its durability just increased. Then again, the pattern of the handle provides a non-slippery advantage. This advantage will reduce the chance of dangers and comforts your hands.
- The pleasure of using a fully stainless steel constructed knife
- Does not allow the clingy edibles to stick to the body
- Helps you do your job quickly and safely
- The amazing design of the handle inhabits any danger to occur
- Best for the use of a professional chef
- Needs proper cleaning after a use
This Japanese chef’s knife not only comes with a professional look but also performs like a professional. Its low budget availability also makes it more demanding.
2. Tojiro Kitchen Knife F-807
Tojiro Kitchen Knife F-807 is one of the best value Japanese chef knives that come with a great feature. Though it comes with the look of an ordinary knife, its performance is somewhat extraordinary. The blade is 7 inches long and it is built with high carbon stainless steel.
The steel resists stain and doesn’t let any scratches make the look of the knife ugly. Also, the edge of the knife is sharpened so precisely that you will feel a new experience with it. It is a double-edged knife and the retention is perfectly balanced. The 60 degrees of Rockwell hardness of the knife embodies its strength.
This ensures that you don’t have to put much effort while cutting, chopping, or slicing any vegetables. Besides, this knife is capable of tackling poultry and fish as well. The handle of the knife is made with composite wood. With triple rivets, the whole construction of the knife is firm and reliable.
- A great knife that leads your busy kitchen
- Perfect razor-sharp edge and the edge retention
- Comes with a vivid appearance to impress every user
- Bolster helps in firming the construction of the knife
- Easy-gripped handle helps in quickening the job
- Requires sharpening regularly
With great functionality, this knife knows how to serve the best performance in a professional kitchen. This knife is no different than any other branded Japanese knife.
3. Yoshihiro Matsui L “Koku-Ryu” Santoku Knife
Yoshihiro is one of the best Japanese chef knife brands and their Yoshihiro Matsui L “Koku-Ryu” Santoku knife is proof of it. This amazing-looking knife has a great shape and curved tip. Besides, the stainless steel rust-resistant 6.5 long inches blade provides maximum performance on your chopping board.
The V-1 core of the blade intensifies its strength. Also, you don’t have to face an unnecessary attack of rust and corrosion to your knife. There is a mythical logo on the blade that symbolizes the ability and efficiency of the blade.
However, the handle looks absolutely stunning with the mahogany color. It is made with plywood and is 100 percent moisture resistant. You can trust the handle at any temperature. It comes with three rivets as they enhance the firm construction of the whole knife. The bolster doesn’t let the blade apart from the handle.
- The pleasure of using a vintage-looking santoku knife
- A sharp edge provides the right balance to the cutting process
- A curved tip allows you to carve the edible properly
- A laminated handle increases its workability
- Avoid accidents and resists rust efficiently
- Need to maintain its hygiene
Because of its vintage look, this santoku knife almost gives a rich vibe. Therefore, many people have set their eyes on this gem.
4. DALSTRONG Frost Chef KnifeReview
We all know DALSTRONG brand in just one word as it manufactures the best Japanese chef knife for home cooks. Their DALSTRING Chef Knife is all about class and its sleek construction will make you drool over it. The 8 inches long blade is made with high chromium 10CR15MOV stainless steel.
Besides, the sandblasted frosted finish of the blade provides a horse-like ride to your kitchen. The edge of the knife is sharpened by the hands of the artisans to a 16-18 degrees angle. This knife is determined to provide you with the perfect balance while cutting.
The ergonomic curvy handle fits into your palm snugly. It is a slender-finished handle so you can get the maximum comfort out of it. The honeycomb finish of the handle is also worth mentioning. You will also get a leathered sheath with this knife. It can be a perfect gift for the nearest one.
- Comes with a great curve to provide an optimum balance
- Easily do the cutting, chopping, and slicing job with agility
- Comes with a leather sheath to give the edge a perfect protection
- The best stainless steel blade and durable bolster make the knife firm
- The total comfort from the aluminum mesh enclosed handle
- Not safe for dishwasher
Dalstrong never ceases to wonder us with its beautiful collection of chef’s knives. This knife with its all functionality and features has won the heart of many people.
5. Misen Chef Knife
This Misen Chef knife is recognized as the best beginner Japanese chef knife and best for the home cook as well. It provides an 8 inches long blade and is constructed with high carbon stainless steel. To get versatile benefits from one utensil, bring this sleek knife to your kitchen.
With the premium steel and its durable sharpness, the blade is able to resist rust, corrosion, and scratches. It comes with a distinctive design and shape, perfect for a tasteful kitchen. Besides, the bolster of the knife knows how to connect the blade with the handle.
It comes with 15 degrees edge retention. This is the perfect angle for an effortless job. However, the sleek ergonomic design of the handle is also praiseworthy. The double rivets almost give the utmost support to the knife.
- Comes with a beautiful color on the handle
- Provides an efficient performance to impress the user
- Best looking and enhances the beauty of your kitchen
- Comes with perfect sharpness and can perform for a long time
- Doesn’t ask for sharpening every now and then
- Requires proper maintenance
With great resilience, this knife performs impressively and people are actually enchanted by it. So, if you are thinking of having it, don’t give it a second thought.
6. Shun Sora Chef Knife
This Shun Sora Chef Knife is the best cheap Japanese chef knife of Shun brand. The knife is handcrafted and the 8 inches long blade is the result of high carbon stainless steel. The wavy texture at the end of the blade helps to release food automatically. Besides, the Vg10 core allows the knife to serve its best.
This blade comes with a San Mai edge and the whole construction is handcrafted. You need to sharpen the knife by keeping it at 16 degrees angle to keep it sharp and get the maximum result. Also, this benefits carving food certainly.
However, the tip of the blade helps in carving as well. And the bolster contributes to the construction of the knife to a great extent. However, the textured TPE/PP handle looks just fine. It gives a traditional vibe and comfort at the same time.
- The non-serrated edge provides a perfect cutting formula
- Promotes no rust, corrosion, and scales
- Enhances your cutting speed with agility
- The advantage of using a sharp-looking knife
- Quickens your job and save your precious time
- Requires hand wash only
We chose this knife because we trust Shun brand and their cheap knife is just as efficient as other knives. That’s why their quality never decreases.
7. Kai Wasabi Black Chef’s Knife
We consider Kai Wasabi Black Chef’s Knife is the best beginner Japanese chef knife because of its simple yet classic design and features. The blade of the knife is almost 8 inches long and it is made with the safest and most durable 1K6 high carbon stainless steel. This knife is modeled after many branded Japanese knives.
You can have the maximum benefits from this knife. From cutting, dicing to slicing and mincing, this knife has great ability. Besides the straight-edged blade is resistant to rust and corrosion. Also, get superior edge retention from this knife to get a perfectly balanced performance.
For the perfect finish, you will notice that the blade is bead-blasted. However, the ergonomic polypropylene handle comes with an oval shape to provide an easement to your hand. The handle is clean and attached to the body super strongly.
- Get the advantage of a pure Japanese knife
- The pleasure of getting authentic performance in the kitchen
- Sharp edge ensures a longtime performance in your busy kitchen
- Does multiple works from slicing to mincing of the edibles
- The sturdy finish of the blade and handle ensures its durability
- Requires hand wash only and provides a limited warranty
There is no doubt that this knife has a tremendous ability to lead a heavy-duty kitchen. Even if you are a beginner, it is very easy to cope with the knife within a little time.
8. TUO Damascus Chef’s Knife
This TUO Damascus Chef’s Knife comes with heavy-duty features and its materials for construction are worth mentioning. The premium AUS-10 high carbon stainless steel blade has this hollow structure to avoid clingy food sticking in there. Besides, the flat construction of the blade and its wavy Dragon pattern is also cool.
The blade ensures more or less 62 degrees Rockwell hardness and a firm core with the clad of 66 layers of softer steel. This high-build feature allows the blade to prevent rust and corrosion to attack. With a razor-sharp edge and 18-degree edge retention, you don’t need to worry about its performance big time.
Also, as this knife is built following the 3-step Honbazuke method, you will get some extra advantages from it for sure. On top of that, the Pakkawood handle fulfills the standard of a perfect knife. The design is exceptional, the color is fiery, there is a steel ring at the bottom of the handle, and overall the knife is a classy one.
- The amazing color combination of the knife brings beauty to your kitchen
- Performs impressively with its high-build construction
- Perfect edge retention provides comfort to both left and right-handed people
- The blade of the knife is super strong and resist rust and corrosion
- Comes in a snug box to be presented perfectly to the customer
- Not safe in the dishwasher
This knife is an intense example that you can have the full taste of a branded knife within a little budget. If you want a perfect look and immense performance at the same time then you should go for this knife.
9. KEEMAKE Chef Knife Japanese Gyuto Kitchen Knife
KEEMAKE Chef Knife Japanese Gyuto Kitchen Knife can be the best Japanese chef knife for the money with its optimum potential. The blade is the result of 3 layers of Japanese molybdenum, cobalt, and vanadium. Besides, with the VG10 core, the blade is durable and firm. It also carries rust-preventive formula with it.
Then again the ultra-sharp edge of the knife and the miniature hollow pattern on the body of the blade ensure a certain advantage. With the touch of the hands of Japanese artisans, this knife is made and instructed by the 3-step Honbazuke method. This method provides 8-12 degrees edge retention on each side.
Besides that method, it is also hand-polished so the sharpness remains for years. Then again, the ergonomic wooden handle ensures its standard and safety for the user as well. The octagonal bolster is forged and provides a firm figure to the kitchen.
- The pleasure of getting perfect balance while doing the cutting job
- Get a risk-free journey with a beautiful looking knife
- Do slicing, mincing, chopping, and all cutting jobs of vegetables
- The advantage of using a classic knife for multiple purposes
- Resist rust and corrosion effectively
- Not dishwasher safe
To make the best use of your money, this knife can be your lifetime companion. With all the gratitude, it serves its purpose pretty promisingly.
10. Professional Japanese-Style Chef Knife
If you want the best value Japanese knife then this Professional Japanese-Style Chef Knife is your call. This knife carries an 8 inches long blade and it is a forged knife. With superior stainless carbon steel, this blade is made to offer a long day performance without being tired.
Forged knives are known for heavy-duty performance and if you are a lover of them then this one is surely your call. The sharpness of the knife is so much that you need to take good care whenever you are using it.
The handle of the knife is made of wood and there is a black bolster. This whole construction is very much like a traditional one. The oval shape of the handle is also good for your palm.
- The pleasure of using the best Japanese chef knife under 100
- Comes with a traditional shape and effective performance
- Can do all types of jobs from slicing to mincing a vegetable
- The nice design pattern of the blade enhances its beauty
- Requires wiping off the excess water after a cleaning
There is hardly any reason to not like this cheap chef knife. This Japanese knife has strong features and is capable of winning the heart of a user.
FAQs on Budget Japanese Chef Knife
1. Are budget Japanese chef knives worth a try?
A budget Japanese chef knife comes with all the features and functions as any ordinary expensive Japanese knife. There are some differences in the range of materials and construction methods for sure, but these can be overlooked if you don’t have high hopes. Budget knives can fulfill your expectations to a great extent, so they are definitely worth it.
2. Are budget Japanese chef knives durable?
It depends on how you use them. If you are a light user of the kitchen and barely do the cutting job you can have these budget Japanese chef knives. They also work just as fine if you use them on a regular basis. But for a heavy-duty kitchen, where you need to handle a big bunch of cutting sessions like a five-star hotel, then don’t go for these knives.
Japanese knives are really fascinating and that’s why most people look for the best affordable Japanese chef knife to fill their desire. As we have already mentioned a hefty collection of Japanese knives that are budget-friendly, you have already known the fact that it is possible to find a worthwhile one within your budget.
Now it’s your turn to choose the perfect one meeting your budget range and give a wonderful experience to yourself and your kitchen as well.