There are a lot of debates on how many cutting boards one should have in the kitchen. Some people say that you only need one, while others believe that you need at least three – one for meat, one for vegetables, and one for everything else. So, what is the right answer? How many cutting boards do you really need in your kitchen on a daily basis?
3 Basic cutting board is required for Daily kitchen Activities for everyone:
- Wooden cutting board for Vegetable and fruits
- Butcher block cutting board for meat
- Plastic/ Bamboo cutting board for all kind of general-purpose
Why do we need a wooden cutting board in kitchen?
The wooden cutting board is the best type of cutting board to use for vegetables and fruits. The wood will not dull your knives like plastic or bamboo can, and it is also more sanitary than others, as it can be easily washed off with soap and water.
5 Reasons to have a wooden cutting board in Kitchen:
- Wooden cutting boards are a natural and renewable material. They do not pose a health risk for your family like plastic ones.
- Wooden cutting boards are more hygienic than plastic, as bacteria cannot seep into the board’s surface if you properly clean it after each use. For example, chopping raw meat on a wooden cutting board will not contaminate the surface with bacteria like it would if you chopped on a plastic cutting board.
- Wooden boards are easier on your knives than plastic ones, so your blades will stay sharper for longer.
- A well-made wooden cutting board can last for many years when properly cared for.
- They look great and add a touch of warmth to your kitchen.
3 Best Wooden Chopping board recommendation:
- Eating healthy & environmental-friendly made of 100% natural and organic acacia wood and all sourced
- Multifunctional and reversible you can use it not only as cutting boards for food prepping but also
- Durable & reliable use a natural wooden heart and 1.3 inches thick acacia wood that could sustain hea
- Ergonomic design built in hand grips on both ends, make it easy to move as a cheese board. and the d
- Worry-free warranty100% money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied, and 1-year replace
- Feel the acacia difference: unlike plastic, our other cheaper quality wood cutting boards, acacia cu
- Extra large chopping surface: measuring 16 x 12 inches, this cutting board is massive and ideal for
- Say goodbye to mess: with our kitchen cutting board, you can slice, dice and add spice to your delic
- Safe for you & your knives: the wood we use in our wooden chopping board is all-natural and does not
- More uses than just a cutting surface: as a cutting and chopping board, it works excellent, but you
- Perfect size for entertaining – makes a beautiful presentation when serving canaps and hors d’oeuvre
- Can be used as a cutting board and a serving board
- Strap for hanging makes storing easy and practical
- Made from durable acacia wood – hand wash only
- Dimensions: (w x d x h): 21-1/2″ x 8-3/4″ x 3/4″
Why do we need a Butcher block cutting board in the kitchen?
A butcher block cutting board is a thick piece of wood that has been treated to withstand the wear and tear of kitchen use. They usually have a smooth surface on one or both sides, which makes them perfect for slicing meat, vegetables, and other food items. But why do we need one in our kitchen?
Here are four reasons to have a Butcher block cutting board in Kitchen:
- They are affordable. A good quality butcher block cutting board can be purchased for as little as $25, which is a fraction of the price of most other kitchen countertops.
- They are durable. Butcher block boards can withstand a lot of wear and tear, making them ideal for heavy use in the kitchen.
- They are easy to care for. You can clean them with soap and water or even a mild detergent such as dishwashing liquid.
- They look great! The natural grain of the wood gives these boards their distinctive appearance, which adds an elegant touch to any kitchen decorating scheme.
3 Best Butcher block Cutting board recommendation:
- Premium end grain acacia wood cutting board known for its rich colors with beautiful contrasting pat
- Multi-functional board serves as a prep station cutting and serving board for vegetables meat cheese
- Durable end grain wood construction minimizes wear and tear on both cutlery and board for long lasti
- Designed by a restaurateur and woodworker in north carolina crafted in thailand from sustainably har
- Care instructions – hand wash with warm soapy water and towel dry promptly to best preserve wood per
- Included components: charleston end grain 14″ x 14″ square chef’s board
- Includes bonus knife, sharpener and brush – in addition to the home hero large cutting board, this c
- Great gift – our natural wood serving board comes in a stylish gift box, making it perfect as a read
- Charcuterie board on reverse – this reversible cutting board was designed to also function as a delu
- Innovative design – the large, 1.5 thick, butcher block style wooden cutting board provides stabilit
- Customer service – please, if you have any questions or issues regarding the home hero cutting board
- reversible – this reversible cutting board design offers versatility that allows you to cut food on
- extra large and thick – this bamboo cutting board measures at 16.9 x 11.8 x 1.6 inches and is very
- versatile & multipurpose – could be used as cutting, chopping, carving board, cheese board, heavy d
- modern design – beautifully crafted to be an art piece to be displayed in your kitchen with this un
- the perfect gift – this board comes in a beautifully presented box. it is a delight to open, and ma
Why do we need a Plastic cutting board in Kitchen?
- A plastic cutting board is perfect for polyethylene because this material is gentle on knives and will not dull their blades.
- Plastic boards are also very easy to clean.
- A plastic cutting board can be placed in the dishwasher after being washed with hot, soapy water. You can also sanitize it by wiping it down with a solution of one tablespoon chlorine bleach per gallon of water. However, some people find that thisBoard can make their knives dull faster than if they were to just wash.
- A plastic cutting board is a good choice for people who are allergic to wood.
- A plastic cutting board is ideal for cutting cooked meat and fish because it is easy to clean. It is also a good board for slicing cheese, fruits and vegetables that can stain a wooden board such as beets, red peppers or blueberries
The wooden board can be used for slicing vegetables, fruit and raw meat. You should never slice cooked foods on a board used for raw food preparation (and vice versa) because this can lead to cross-contamination which causes foodborne illness.
A wooden cutting board should be washed with hot, soapy water and then rinsed well. It should never be placed in the dishwasher because high temperatures can warp or crack the wood. After washing it, you can sanitize a wooden cutting board by wiping it down with a solution of one tablespoon chlorine bleach per gallon of water.
So how many cutting boards do you need in your kitchen? If you have room for more than one, I would recommend having at least a wooden board and a plastic board. That way you will have one of each type available to use.